So you want to help Iran, but you’re not actually in Iran? here’s what you can do to help (Focused on twitter, since that’s where the infowar is occurring.
- Change your location and time zone on Twitter to Tehran, Iran (that’s GMT+3:30
- Change your profile icon to green in some way.
- Set up a proxy. and send a DM to @ProtesterHelp. On Windows, do this and on Linux do this. On Mac, do this (NOTE: These will be reposted here soon to save bandwidth)DO NOT POST THESE PUBLICLY. DM TO @austinheap or ProtesterHelp
- DO NOT retweet posts verbatim from Iran. This puts the users at risk. The Iranian Minstry of the Interior is watching Twitter closely now. Don’t use names and reword the post.
- Submit e-mails to CNN, MSNBC, Fox and other news sources about the Iranian Revolution- demand more coverage
- DO NOT DDOS (PageReload) Iranian government websites. It slows all Iranian traffic, doing more harm than good in this information war.
Courtesy of emsenn